The RR14 EVO3 is a very productive machine having been designed specifically for rail use, (not just a modified 4×4 boom-lift) and this being the latest model, has a number of new and improved features which greatly increase its operational speed and performance.
1. Based on the Platform Basket RR14 Evo which we have been selling in Australia since 2012.
2. Excellent performance and stability due to unique automatically self-levelling turret.
3. The levelling turret means the operators always have a level platform to work in.
4. The levelling turret also reduces side loads on mechanical parts such as the slew motor, basket rotator, booms and jib.
5. Certified to drive and work on 200 mm cant (8 degree side slope) with 9.3 m horizontal outreach. Modified machines are limited in this regard.
6. Large basket size with 400 kg SWL . This basket is deeper than usual baskets, not just wider, as wider baskets can restrict the ability to drive with the jib up for visibility. The shape of the basket is also ideal for around rail infrastructure.
7. Short lower boom length to reduce tail swing and provide superior outreach at low heights.
8. Ability to adapt to Australia’s 3 rail gauges, for use in all states.
9. Proven history for strength and reliability; 14 years of continuous service on Network Rail in UK and 8 years in Australia.
10. RR14 Evo’s have been certified to AS1418.10 as well as approved by PTA WA, Rhomberg Rail, Railcorp NSW, ARTC NSW, JHG, Leightons, Emrail WA, MTM, V-Line and QLD Rail. (This has taken many years of hard work to obtain.) The new Evo 3 version is approx. 4 weeks away from completing AS1418.10 certification.
11. Direct hydraulic / hydrostatic drive.
12. 4 Wheel Steer.
13. 18 km/hr drive speed on rail.
14. Advanced diagnostic system at basket and ground controls.
15. External hydraulic connection point for tools.
16. High stowed height of rail gear; low rail gear restricts some machines from accessing moderate inclines, ramps on delivery vehicles etc.
17. Auxiliary diesel engine for emergency recovery – not just a battery operated pump or a remote device. The emergency recovery procedure on competitor’s machines can be long & complicated. The simplicity of the RR14 Evo and auxiliary engine wins hands down.
18. Manual slew lockouts to allow operation beside a live line.
19. Boom elevation lockout to allow travel under live overhead power.
20. Optional pantograph mounted to chassis. Other designs that they have been mounted on top of the main stowed boom means that if the boom rotates (when the pant is not in use) there is the potential for getting the pant caught on the overhead lines and the operator is restricted when using the pant to stay in the stowed in-line position. The feedback is that this system is not user friendly.
21. Experienced RR14 Evo technicians based in Brisbane, Tamworth, Sydney, Melbourne & Perth.
22. Large stock of spare parts in Australia.
- 2 speed drive (optional)
- 3 man platform
- 4WD (optional)
- 24 Volt Battery System (optional)
- 240 Volt outlet in Platform
- Air & Water outlet in Platform (optional)
- Basket load control
- Electric controls
- Emergency Lowering System (optional)
- Fly Jib
- Platform Rotation (optional)
||4 Wheel Drive with 4 Wheel Steer
|Hydraulic Fly Boom
||Yes 90 + 90
|Maximum Working Height(m)
|Maximum Platform Height(m)
|Maximum Horizontal Reach(m)
|Lift Capacity max. / MRC(kg)
||400 (3 person)
|Weight / Outreach Limited
|Minimum Transport Length(m)
|Minimum Transport Width(m)
|Minimum Transport Height(m)
||48 hp Diesel